Cheesy Spinach Dip
don’t get caught double dippin’
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Cakes
- 4 oz cream cheese, soften
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- In a medium pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
- Microwave the spinach cakes for 1 minute, then roughly chop and add to the pan with the onions. Allow the mixture to cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, cheddar and 1/4 cup of the parmesan in a bowl.
- Stir until combined. Add the garlic powder, salt and pepper.Add the spinach cake mixture to the cream cheese mixture, stir to combine.
- Transfer dip to an oven proof bowl and sprinkle remaining parmesan on top. Broil on high for 2 minutes to brown cheese before serving.