Cheesy Hash Brown Breakfast Puffs
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 4 Dr. Praeger’s Southwest Hash Browns (cut into fourths)
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- ¾ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry (thawed, but still cold)
- 1 egg yolk (beaten)
- 1 ½ cups fresh spinach
Time: 40 minutes
Servings: 4 puffs
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil and red pepper in a frying pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add Dr. Praeger’s Southwest Hash Browns and spinach and continue to saute for 2-3 minutes until spinach has wilted.
- In a large mixing bowl combine ricotta, mozzarella, salt, pepper and cooked veggies. Stir gently until mixed.
- Roll out puff pastry and cut into 4 inch squares. Brush lightly with olive oil.
- Scoop two large spoonfuls of cheese and veggies onto the middle of the puff pastry square. Pull up each edge of the puff pastry square to the middle and press to secure. Brush the top of the pastry with egg yolk.
- Bake in the oven on a lightly greased cookie sheet for 17-20 minutes until golden brown.