An easy and convenient recipe for a Korean classic
- 1 Dr. Praeger’s Bibimbap Veggie Burger
- 1/4 cup shiitake mushroom
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup beansprouts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup kimchi
- 1 tbsp Gochujang sauce
- 1 fried egg OR ¼ cup tofu
- Sesame seeds to garnish
- Pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees. Chop burger into strips and arrange on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 7 minutes, flipping the burgers over at the 5 minute mark.
- While the burgers cook, sauté mushrooms and garlic in sesame oil and vinegar for 3 minutes.
- Add carrots and bean sprouts to pan with the mushrooms. Sauté for 1 minute, then add the spinach. Cook for 1 more minute, then remove from heat.
- Place the cooked rice in a bowl and top with the burgers, mushrooms, carrots, bean sprouts, spinach and kimchi.
- Pour Gochujang sauce over the bowl, then top with a fried egg or tofu.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the bowl before serving.