Asian Fried Rice
The ultimate rice dish to accompany Asian delights
- Makes 2 – 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 Dr. Praeger’s Asian Veggie Burgers, cooked and chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce (can use more or less as desired)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Other add-ins: sriracha, grated ginger, etc.
- Prepare rice as directed on package.
- While rice is cooking, heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Add the egg and scramble. Remove cooked egg from the pan and set aside.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil to the pan. Add the onion and red and green peppers. Saute for about 4 minutes. Remove the onions and peppers from the pan.
- Add the sesame oil along with the remaining tablespoon of vegetable oil. Stir in the rice and continue to stir until is it is well-coated with oil.
- Let the rice cook for about 2 minutes. Stir it again and let it cook for 1 more minute.
- Stir in the sauteed veggies, peas, egg, and the chopped veggie burgers. Stir in the soy sauce and season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.